Consumer Cellular prices seem almost too good to be true. Is there anything wrong with them? Any downsides?

Updated 7 days ago:

I just called them and it seems the downside in my case would be the availability of Data. I live in the country. My choices to get on the internet are mobile broadband (I have my phone tethered to my desktop now and it's slow as anything; they only give me 3g) or satellite, which I understand is very 'hit or miss' as far as reliability and speed. But I do have unlimited 3g through Sprint. CC Says they can give me only up to 25 GB 4G  and no 3G. And that includes all devices. 25 GB total.

Updated 7 days ago:

They do allow overages and charge 10.00 per 10 gb for any overages. But I can see racking up overages pretty quickly if my wife watches videos on her phone. The data is shared.

• 7 days ago
    Favorite Answer

The only way to see how they would be for YOU , is to try them for a month or two. That way you find out if their services, signal and plans work where you spend the bulk of your time on a daily bases.

The may not be the best carrier for those that likes to travel outside of the USA. 

Also may not be the best plans for those that don't understand what the different plans offer. 

• Jim2
      7 days agoReport

That sounds like common sense.

• 7 days ago

My CC phone service is $15 a month.

It works, so I see no problem with it.

• Kieth
    1 week ago

Their coverage area isn't the greatest.

• Jim2
      1 week agoReport

They say they use AT&T towers; supposedly we get a good signal in my area