Why do democrats need this impeachment so bad?

They say that it was a quid pro quo yet President Trump never even got what democrats say he demanded. If it was a quid pro quo then the military assistance would still be on hold. Unfortunately democrats need this because they know this is there only hope of beating Trump. 

• humpty
    7 days ago

We need a President who is not indebted to foreign despots and will stand up for the Constitution. Are you telling me that no Republican can do that?

• 7 days ago

Whether or not you get what you asked for does not affect the ethics of quid pro quo. Quid pro quo requires only the EXPECTATION of a return exchange.

• 7 days ago

He got caught. that is why aid is not on hold.

1 week ago

Let me first address to substantiv points that you made.

First off, crimes like extortion and bribery are committed when you ask for something not when it is delivered. I think some people are tripped out by the fact that this was actions which Trump asked for. But if Trump had asked for money then that would clearly be corrupt. If he asks Alinsky okay I'll give you your military funding if you give me personally 10 million dollars. That would obviously be corrupt and asking for it would be corrupt. I think it's helpful for Republicans to consider what they would have done if Hillary Clinton had been caught doing something like this. After all, Republicans have been calling for years for Hillary Clinton to be locked up just because she used a private email server which could, theoretically, have been used to help disguise some sort of undefined illegal activity. Here we have Trump actually engaging in something which is corrupt.

Now, your second point, is one which some Republicans have raised in defense of trump. Namely, that the military aid was eventually released. There's at least two problems with this. First you can refer back to my first paragraph and that the problem lies in the asking even if they didn't go through with it. But, secondly, we now know that Trump released the aid to Ukraine after he was made aware of the Whistleblower complaint. So, the reason the money got released wasn't because Trump was disinterested in extorting the ukrainians. The reason it got released was because he got caught. If I rob a bank and I see the cops coming and I give the money back that doesn't suddenly mean that no crime was committed.

As to why Democrats are so interested in this impeachment covered because Donald Trump has committed incredibly serious crimes. These crimes she's committed are at least as serious, if not more so, than Watergate. And Watergate we had the president United States directing his underlings to commit illegal Espionage on his political opponents. In this case we have the president of the United States illegally trying to get a foreign government to create fake scandals for his political opponents. This is really really bad on so many levels. It's corruption, it's inviting foreign interference in American elections, it potentially opens Trump up to Blackmail, Etc. Just for reasons of Justice this needs to be investigated and dealt with. I mean, would you want future presidents to do this? I think that one problem for a lot of Republicans is that they are willing to excuse an awful lot of paviour from Trump because he is a Republican. But what you have to understand is that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you argue that it is acceptable for a president to use their official political powers to coerce campaign assistance from a foreign government then any future president can do that. And some of those presents are going to be Democrats. One recent article in the Atlantic positive just such a scenario where they president Elizabeth Warren in 2024 going to the British and offering them concessions on a trade deal in exchange for some sort of salacious information about one of her political rivals. Would you want that to happen? Conservatives need to understand that there can't be two rules for republicans and Democrats. Everything that you accept from Trump is something that you must then accept from Democrats. I don't think that your actually willing to allow someone like Elizabeth Warren to bury her political opponents under a flurry of foreign investigations and accusations in exchange for official concessions which might not be in America's best interest but might be in Elizabeth Warren's political interests. If you're not willing to accept it from Elizabeth Warren then you can't accept it from Donald Trump

• 1 week ago

They don't. With the media in tow (or vice versa), they control the narrative. Keeping the impeachment fiasco around 24/7 keeps them off stating their candidates positions so that they can go into the election cycle as total strangers. Rather than state their socialist positions they'll be running because they're homosexual, women, both at the same time...on and on.

1 week ago

They have outright said they need impeachment because they know Trump will be re-elected otherwise. It’s only allowed to be “for the people, by the people” if a Democrat wins.

• 1 week ago

here's a couple hints.....

...what was the last thing you recall that came out of the democratic primaries that appealed to middle and working-class Americans as a whole?

...how many of the 'usual suspect' characters here spend more time bashing trump and parroting trump-hating parrot points than they do singing the praises of a single democratic candidate, politician or policy...?

• 1 week ago

Democrats know that none of their candidates can beat Trump. Their solution, a coup to extract him from the White House.

• 1 week ago

The impeachment inquiry is nothing personal against Trump. Democrats are merely performing their Constitutional duty to provide oversight of the Executive Branch.

Facts don't care about conservative tears. 

• Nobody can break the law with impunity, not even the president. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

• 1 week ago

Attempted murder is is still a crime DA.