Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearOther - Games & Gear · 2 months ago

I'm 44, I own a gaming PC, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, old 360, PS3, time to grow up?

Seems a little excessive, something needs to go. Yes i own my own home, I'm disabled (neurological disorders), pay child support, no spouse (married twice before).

Just interested in opinions

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 days ago

Welcome to being a Toy's R Us kid. Actually, that chain no longer exists now does it?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

That is bullsh*t. If that is your hobby (you know, what YOU like to do), then continue on. No one else has a right to judge that. I am 45 and am still a gamer.

• 2 months ago

Waaayyyy Past time to grow up.

You should have lost interest in video games by the age of 20.

• Tommy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The number of devices you have is less important than how much you use them. You could have one device and play excessively letting other areas in your life suffer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Gaming isn't just "entertainment for the youth" like the Boomers (and I mean that literally, not metaphorically like the meme's use of the word is) like to make people believe.

The median age of gamers is between 30-35.  This means that the same number of people older than that age plays that is younger.

Gaming is a normal entertainment venue like going out to movies is (that was taboo when it was new, too.  There were boycotts of "The Wizard of Oz" due to its interpretation of "witches" and they could "corrupt the youth". I'm not kidding).

Can you go overboard with it, sure.  But if you game within your means and make sure it's not the top priority in your life (make sure you take care of yourself and those you are responsible for), do what you want with your extra time and money.

I'm 45, married, all of the kids have grown up and moved out.  I have more time on my hands now than I had in the last 20 years.

• Carmen
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Seems like you’re searching for another purpose in life have you put God in your life lately? What do you want to accomplish? Try praying for guidance and as you mentioned material possessions don’t guarantee true happiness without love and someone to share it with it’s means nothing keep doing a self examination and keep praying for to keep putting on a new personality.

• 2 months ago

Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do your care what other people think? Do whatever makes you happy as long as its legal

• 2 months ago

so? my husband is 50 and I bought him playstation 4 last year for Christmas

• ...Show all comments
    • PhilosophyAddict
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

well yes since I already bought him xbox one when it first came out he didn't really need another. Its not like he doesn't have a life outside of games.He's not sitting in front of the tv 24 7 he has a job and we have a life. we let our son take the Nintendo and the xbox360 when he got his own place

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.