has anyone been to Basingstoke hampshire?

we visted basingstoke back in the mid 80's sometime when we stayed there for a weeks holiday whilst we went to see a theatre play and we were put up in lodges...i remember it was a quaint little town and they had a great swimming baths with a slide there, i remember enjoying my stay in basingstoke.........anyone else been that way?

Favorite Answer

The centre of Basingstoke is relatively unchanged but the town has expanded with new housing development around its edges. There is still lots of beautiful countryside nearby and there are frequent fast trains from Basingstoke to London Waterloo taking 47 minutes for the journey. It is also within easy reach of the historic towns of Winchester and Salisbury

• Jamie

Not been there but a nineties film called Get Real was filmed there and the park and town remind me of Hertfordshire where I come from . 

Never Heard Of Basingstoke