Permanent High Heels?

I love my high heels and I'm only 5'0' tall. I wear them daily. Recently I tore my Achilles tendon. The doctor has given me a choice. An operation to fully extend my Achilles back to normal with a synthetic tendon, or put in a much shorter tendon that will allow me to wear high heels. I am tempted to go for the shorter tendon. I realize there are pros & cons. Please give my your opinion on which way I should go. Shorter or longer tendon? 

• k w

I hope you rethink that, cuz you can't UN-DO, a surgery....

Is this all there is to your life?? How sad.

• Chris1 month agoReport

I am a real woman! I didn't mean to insult anyone. It's something I'm going through and a decision I have to make. Maybe I am shallow. but I don't think so. There is nothing wrong with being short, but I have a complex about it, but that's my problem to deal with. Should I give up my heels? 

• Tavy

Love it, so you can have a shorter tendon and when you are not wearing high heels your foot will be out of enlighnment for ever.  Wearing trainers or no shoes will be extremely uncomfortable.

Is this what your American Doctors pander too?  Today's look but future pain

UK.

• GTB

Stop wearing high heels; these foot coverings are a disaster.

• Chris2 months agoReport

What do you mean a disaster? Huh?