Honda Pilot or Chevy Traverse which would you get?

we are a family of 6, 2 parents and 4 grown kids, we have a minivan but my dad wants a AWD/4WD vehicle for snow purposes.

We have a Honda Odyssey and its served us well no problems, we've had a 1992 Voyager and a 2002 Windstar which were decent American cars, but we never owned a GM vehicle we always had Hondas or Nissans

the Chevy is more powerful but there is not ECO mode unlike the Honda which does have it but it has less horsepower

we need space, comfortability, we go camping and lots of summer roadtrips. We also want something that feels luxurious.

• John
    6 days ago

How working class hero, soviet. Working class mule, I would dump all that tin junk and get horse and buggie.

6 days ago

Jaguar or Mercedes-Benz. 

• 6 days ago

Neither; I drive pickup trucks

• Jay P
    6 days ago

If the choice is between a Chevy and a Honda, I'll take the Honda.

The only time I'd consider a Chevy over a Honda is if I required a full size pick-up truck, especially if I was towing heavier loads.

• 6 days ago

My sister has a 2016 Pilot and it's had many problems and has been in the shop at least 4 times a year. Luckily most have been covered under warranty. Previously, she had a Chevy Trailblazer which gave her few problems and got rid of it with nearly 300k miles.

• zipper
    6 days ago

Always go with the CHEVY!

• 7 days ago

Get the Honda Pilot.

The Traverse has hydraulic lifter problems and the cylinder heads have to come off to replace the lifters.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 7 days ago

The $40,000 2019 Honda pilot is not as good as a Toyota Prius for almost half the price. The Prius has a lot of power taking off from a stop (due to its electric motor), and it is gas efficient and pollutes little.

• Coffee Drinker
      7 days agoReport

Good thing its half the price, because a family of 6 would need to buy 2 of them to move the amount of people and gear that would fit in the 3-row SUV they're considering.

• 7 days ago

Look at the Toyota minivan. You can get it with four wheel drive. I think the Chevy and Honda are equal choices.

• 7 days ago

Stay away from GM! Get the Honda Pilot