Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 2 months ago

Is it true that people in LA are mostly fake?

Is it hard to find real friends that aren't friends with you for what you can give them?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The very vast majority of people here are just like anywhere else: working, shopping, just doing the daily thing. I personally dont know any fake ones. Friends should be sought in areas where you have some mutuality and common interests: hiking, yoga, museums etc. If all you find is fake, then you are doing something wrong.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't agree. I don't live in LA myself, but I've met some very kind people from the Los Angeles area. A lot of people living in California (especially on min. wage) are struggling to get by since it's such an expensive state so many of them are very understanding and helpful whenever someone else needs it. As well as friendly. I do know one biotch from there who is a stereotypical LA person. She's in her mid 30's, has tons of plastic surgery, and her wealthy father keeps funding her multiple failed business ventures. All makeup companies. She's very mean and fake. She's the only person I've ever met in my life who acts like that though. 

• 2 months ago

it depend on the crowd of people you hang around

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are many different L.A.s and it all depends on where you are and what kind of people you're talking to. But this is a very transient town and the reasons people come here from elsewhere often have to do with acquisition of wealth or fame. So yeah, it's probably a little more transactional than some other cities.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Of course not. I know plenty of genuine people. 

• 2 months ago

Pretty much

Its a off culture coming from the east coast. Passive aggression is their way to express disapproval. I can't stand that

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

of course! have you seen their Instagram? it's a fake life. fake fake fake.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"We're really cool because we are in this really cool club even though it's cooler than we are. The other people in this cool club aren't cool, it's just us who are cool in this really cool club"

"All the people in LA are shallow. Except me, I live in LA and I'm certainly not shallow."

And "New Yorkers are rude ******* except me.  I live in New York and I'm not like that."

• 2 months ago

No, people there are like anywhete else. There are a range of personalities.

• 2 months ago

Only the wealthy need worry about faux friends bleeding them dry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.