Should I reach out again for an Investment Banking Internship?

I recently sent an Graduate Analyst Investment banking application to a boutique company that was incorporated 3 years ago. Even though they are new, they are getting a lot of referrals and the deals are starting to come through. The managing partner reached out to me two hours after sending in my application and asked me how many hours do I think they work. I replied by saying 70-80 hours of intense work per week. I haven't received a reply since. This was 4 or 5 days ago.

I want to reach out to the same managing partner telling him that I am available to work from January 13 - March 13 to show him the value that I can bring and I still want to become a graduate analyst. But can some give me their opinion if this is advisable or to leave the situation alone.

Why would you want to work for a company that the only follow up question they asked you was "how many hours do they work"?

- It doesn't sound very legitimate to me.

You can try reaching out.

The worst they can say is no.