Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 week ago

Why can't foreigners learn to speak American like everybody else? ?

I mean, I could good American by the time I was 8 or 9. Why does it take them so long? 

• 5 days ago

What a pity that you 'could good American' but weren't able to reproduce it here in type.

1 week ago

I don’t think people want to learn to speak emoji.

• 1 week ago

And the second language you're relevantly fluent in is ?

• Bob
      1 week agoReport

He's fluent in being an idiot

• TB12
    1 week ago

I know, right,,, especially them Canadians coming down here speaking that English instead of good ol' Merikan,,

• Satan
    1 week ago

So we should all talk like a bunch of rednecks?

Should visitors arriving in the US be issued with a bag of chewing tobaccy and a spitoon then?

• Bob
    1 week ago

Learn to speak American?

You mean Navajo, Apache, Lakota etc etc?

Why should foreigners arriving in the US be expected to learn a multitude of mostly unused native languages? That just doesn't make sense.

Much better for them to learn English or perhaps Spanish, in many parts of the US.

As for you, OP, perhaps you should concentrate on improving your own English ability before exhorting others to learn a language.

• You should learn to be a better troll.

America welcomes visitors from other nations. However, when I go to France, or Montreal, I speak French. When I visit Mexico I don't drink the water and I don't expect anyone to speak English.

• 1 week ago

You trolled, some took the bait. 

• Elaine
    1 week ago

What do you mean by "American speech"?  Are you referring to regional dialects, local jargon and slang, etc.? 

• 1 week ago

Speak American? Surely you must be joking!