Meir asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 week ago

What's the meaning of life?

Have you asked yourself: Why am I here? The universe could have gone on without us. There's nothing necessary about our existence, and had things been a little different, anyone of us might have never been born. Yet we do exist. Why?

• 1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

Good questions all. Unfortunately, no answers. Just an unscratched itch. Beware of people who say they do know - none of us does.

• 3 days ago

love and kindness.

• 4 days ago

The answer is simple. We have a creator who loves us deeply. He literally created us to be loved. He did not have to create us... but he did and he created us simply to be loved and to enjoy the beautiful creations in which were made specially for us. 

• One must seek within thine own self to find the individual answer.  What is right for one is not necessarily the same for another.

After 72 years of life, I know the primary purpose for all of us is; To selflessly serve one another.  :D

• A C
    7 days ago

It's our opportunity to get to know and serve our Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to get prepared for eternity.  Unfortunately, most people don't take that opportunity. 

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • Liz
    7 days ago

PRINCIPLE: “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need.”—Matthew 5:3.

HOW THE PRINCIPLE CONTRIBUTES TO A MEANINGFUL LIFE: Jesus indicated that humans have an innate spiritual need. We long to know the answers to such questions as these: Why are we here? Why is there so much suffering on this earth? Does God really care about us? Is there life after death? We need to know the answers to such questions in order to have a meaningful life. Jesus knew that there is only one reliable source that can answer those questions—God’s Word. In prayer to his Father, Jesus said: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

Source(s): jw.org
  • 1 week ago

I've been too busy living my life to worry about the meaning of it.

1 week ago
  • 1 week ago

We exist because God created us. If you don't know that basic fact then you are one lost cookie. Man is God's main project. God even became a man Himself and still is to this day. Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man.

Man is the hottest commodity in the whole universe. How can you be so aliened from God? How can you possibly think that all of this "just" happened??

• 1 week ago

For me personally, I think the meaning of life is to just do what makes you happy. My idea of happiness is laying on a beach somewhere eating a chicken sandwich lol Go for a swim, hang out with friends, etc. One thing I do know is happiness isn’t materialistic things, it’s not a career, and it’s not being the coolest person around. I just want to wake up every day and look forward to what I can do for once, instead of dreading what’s to come. Maybe one day.