Mimi asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 days ago

Is this weird or am I overreacting?

I'm 21, still in college. I currently live at home with my parent's and my older sister who is 25. For some reason my dad likes to go into our rooms when we're not home. How do I know? Will I caught him multiple times in my sister's room when he thought I was gone. His excuse is  always "he's getting the dirty towels." I never understood why he just couldn't ask us for the towels while we're there. I know this doesn't sound like much, but I've never been comfortable around my dad. There's just a lot of things that seem off about him, especially his relationship with my sister. I mentioned catching him in my sister's room multiple times to "get dirty towels", but one thing my dad hates is being around dirty underwear. I accidentally left my underwear on the bathroom floor and I recieved an hr lecture, my mom leaves her underwear on their bedroom floor he flips out. So I find it odd that he willingly goes into my sister's room, who leaves her scantily clad underwear everywhere on her floor and never mentions a thing. There's certain things that just don't seem right and I want to mention it to my mom, but don't know how. My mom works a lot so she doesn't get to see the stuff that I see. For instance, my sister legit never wears a bra when she's around my dad. I'm the one telling her to cover up! My dad makes comments about my sister's body and appearance. When I walk down the stairs he's glued to the tv, when my sister walks down the stairs he immediately follows her. 

Updated 7 days ago:

And no this isn't some pervy fantasy. I literally can't sleep because this has been bothering much more than usual. Do I tell my mom? Should I talk to my sister? 

• Foofa
    3 days ago

If your father's a creeper that's one thing... But assuming you and Sis aren't paying market rate rent this IS still his house, including the rooms you two currently occupy. He's not out of line for walking into spaces he pays for in his own home.

• 6 days ago

The rules do not cover going through a drawer with panties in them.  Using the (It is their house crap) it could be as you shower.   Something wrong there.  Lock the room and the drawers. 

6 days ago

i think its weird too

• 6 days ago

Sounds like your dad may have a sexual aversion toward the sister.  He may even think of having sex with her.  I know it's wrong, but it does occur.

• Chae-won
      4 days agoReport

That confused me.  Aversion.  A strong reaction in a negative way.  I am Korean,  forgive my interpretation.

• e9601:
    6 days ago

Get a room mate and move out.

• 7 days ago

Since you live with your parents he can go into your bedroom as much as he wants 

• 7 days ago

Here's what you would be telling your mother.  "Your husband is sexually attracted to his daughter and he goes in our rooms while we are out".  The conversation with your sister is a bit different.  "Why do you dress provocatively for dad?"

Your mother is going to be upset and repeat what you said to your father.  And you accused your 25 year old sister of sexual behavior toward her father.

You might word it differently but however you phase it the meaning will be the same.

So the question for you is are you going to leave on your own or be kicked out.

• Lili
      6 days agoReport

"Allude," not "elude".  Is there a reason so many people on this site can't use English correctly?  And it is possible that your mother AND your father would be so angry that you raised concerns of this nature that they'd ask you to leave.  Some parents would. You need to be prepared for that.

• 7 days ago

"I currently live at home with my parent's"

Actually, those rooms belong to your father, and he's letting you use them. If you want more privacy, move out. (You must have something to hide)

• Chae-won
      6 days agoReport

2020.  I agree with 2020 but the room is theirs (21 year old). They obey courtesy but not rifling through stuff or walking in on them.  They should buy a klaxxon when they are sleeping.  Youtube shows you what they sound.

• 7 days ago

Could you set up a hidden camera and see if he ever does anything with her panties when she is gone?

• Tim7 days agoReport

Another possible thought is could you put take a pair of your sisters panties from her room and put them on the floor in your room.  Then if your dad notices and says something about that, it would be a clue that he is really noticing details specifically about the panties.  

7 days ago

In my opinion, I would rather talk with your mom or sister and rather than being paranoid 

• Mimi7 days agoReport

Well that was my question. If I should talk to someone.