Would the Sony A6500 be a good camera to use professionally.?

Mostly used for these below in order

1. Portraits

2. Weddings

3. Sports

4. Landscape

5. Some Video

• Frank

If the camera allows you to get the types of shots that you and your clients need, then it'll be fine.  The A6500 is a fairly capable camera, technically speaking.  I wouldn't recommend it for sports as the focusing system is not fast enough to keep up with moving subjects.  Since the camera is an APS-C format, I would also not recommend it for serious landscape photography either.  This is because there are no pro-quality wide-angle lenses for the APS-C system.  If you're not serious about landscapes, then of course, the A6500 will be just fine.  But if you are serious about landscape photography, you have to go with a full-frame camera in order to utilize the better lenses which are made for full-frame cameras.  And no, using a full-frame lens on an APS-C camera isn't the same.  You loose sharpness by using ff lenses on crop sensor cameras.

I removed my point about TTL based on the reply to my post which was based on photos where I didn't see anything other than a single pin - thanks for correcting me.

Personally, for these reasons stated, I would definitely say that while the A6500 is a capable camera in the right hands, I would greatly prefer a different camera for the types of photos that you've listed.

Instead of A6500, take a look at the A9 or A7R iii, or the Nikon Z7.

• Caoedhen

Oh my... the A6500 does have a TTL flash system, the extra pins are under the front portion of the flash foot, not extra pins in the base. Just like on the A7 and A9. It supports flashes, flash controllers, microphones, and who knows what else.

Sure. The Sony mirrorless cameras are excellent. Just one reminder. NO camera is any better than the person using it. A camera will not magically produce "professional" results. It takes knowledge, skill, and experience on the part of the person using the camera. You are probably already very aware of that, but unfortunately, many people are not.

Yes I have the same model, it is great for portraits and photographing people. Here is a photo I took, even before using any editing software on it. You can see the amazing quality that the Sony A6500 provides.