Anonymous

How come people won't let me press charges against this former friend for harassment when he attacks me when I'm autistic and suicidal?

So I have about had it with this idiotic friend andrew. He is harassing me and I am getting tired of it and I want to press charges. He decided to call up one of my current friends and told them his opinions about me. He told my friend that he has a better chance at getting a girlfriend cause he has his own place and can drive and has a car. He then said " no girl/woman wants to be with a guy who still lives with his parents at age 29 and takes the bus all the time". He then said that I will remain a virgin forever cause of how retarded and idiotic I am. I want to press harassment charges and I am thinking about doing it. I told my family that I want to do this and they said that I can't. They told me that I can't do anything to him. I don't get why is he is so immuned from prosecution. I've about had it with that idiot harassing me for the past five years. Everyone is saying that I will risk losing the only friends that I have left if I were to press charges or file a lawsuit against andrew. I just want him to stop this nonsense and stop harassing me. All he ever does is cause me pain and nothing ever good ever came out of my friendship with him which is why I cutted him out of my life. I just want him to stop this so I want to press charges. How come people won't let me do this ??? Why won't people let me teach him a lesson and make him stop harassing me ???

• Ann

Jacob, he is not harassing you.  I'm surprised he put up with you as long as he did.  You describe the things you do all the time on this website, and those things have made you socially unacceptable and known to law enforcement. You don't seem to realize the possible consequences of your actions, and you certainly don't show remorse for the ways in which YOU have harassed people (e.g. filming strangers in elevators, ringing doorbells in the middle of the night and playing "ding dong ditch", threatening a healthcare professional, call-pranking a suicide hotline, stalking and "pranking" police officers, walking around a closed mall at 3 a.m., etc. etc.)  Those behaviors make you look foolish and mentally unstable. If the persons involved in those incidents had decided to press charges, you would be sitting in jail.  If your parents were to decide to kick you out, where would you go and what would you do?  Has that scenario ever occurred to you?  To press charges against someone, you would have to go through legal channels.  Where are you going to get money to pay an attorney, since you've never worked a day in your life? You use "autism" as an excuse for your outrageous behaviors, but we both know that's not what is going on.  I've told you before--if you don't change the way you behave, you will eventually end up as a very lonely homeless person because no one will want to have anything at all to do with you, and no one will take you in nor care for you.  You are the harasser, and your so-called "autism" has nothing to do with it. One of these days, you'll go too far and you'll pay a very dear price for your idiocy (notice the term I used).

• Lita

Stating his opinion of you is not harassment.

Telling the truth about you is not harassment. 

You have no right to teach anyone a lesson not even your friends, which I believe are as imaginary as your autism. 

If you are genuinely feeling suicidal please get help, call the suicide hotline not to troll them or gossip but to get genuine help. There is never a good reason to end your life. 

• Lita

If you aren't trolling about feeling suicidal please use the suicide hotlne you've prank called and called to gossip and get help. 

1. This never happened

2. You have no real proof he said any of this as it's coming from a third party. If we're going by the narrative you've spun so far. It's unlikely that the police would take your complaint seriously as you're already known them to be a less than credible individual. There's more reason for them to disregard any claims you make than there is for them to believe you. And even they believed you, there's not much, if anything, they can do about it. Particularly if his claims are objectively true. 

Because him talking about you is not harassment.  You don't need to press charges you just need to stop associating with him.  

But then you never will because he according to you has given you rides, has given you gifts and paid your way places.   And since you are unable and unwilling to do those things for yourself you'll continue to use andy [if he exists] as long as he will allow it.

Being autistic is not a free pass for life and being an immature brat is not a disability, jacob.

• mokrie

They stop you because he has the freedom of speech. His opinion is not grounds for a lawsuit and no lawyer would handle it but you would still have to pay $150 dollars to even ask a lawyer about it.

• SimplytheFACTS

not a freedom of speech issue...that means government can't unreasonably restrict speech, andrew is not the government

Obviously hes a coward by telling ur friends all this and cant tell you for himself. You dont need idiotic jerks like that anyway