Does this mean I have to pay a bill? ?

I went to the dentist a few times and a couple months ago I got a EOB in the mail from my insurance company. It says I owe like $52. But I never got an actual bill from my dentist or anything and it's been months. Does that mean I don't owe anything? Should I call them and ask? Sorry if I sound dumb, this is my first time living on my own and paying bills and stuff so it's all still new to me. 

• TedEx

Did you thoroughly READ the EOB????

The dentist may have agreed to accept what the ins paid as payment in full. It all depends on  whether or not the dentist has a contract with the insurance company..

It means your dentist sent the bill to your insurance and they paid everything but $52. Thats what you owe the dentist.

No. An EOB is to tell you what the insurance company paid. It does not tell you whether you have to pay.

Not getting a bill does not mean that you don't owe anything.

The dentist does not have to send a bill. if you owe, then you must pay on time, even if you don't get a bill. If you don't know whether you owe, then they need to ask them.

If you owe and don't pay, then they can send it to collections and ruin your credit, even if you did not get a bill.

You should be honorable and call the dentist. {If the bill got lost in the mail your credit could be screwed over if he turns the bill over to a collection agency.}

• Judy

No, does NOT mean you don't owe. The bill went from the dentist to your insurance. It's all taken care of except $52, and that's the part YOU owe.

• VAA

The $52 is what you owe after your insurance company has paid their share.  Don't ignore it..it will go to collections, if it hasn't already.  Call the dentist's office and talk to their billing department. 

i would call them and ask about it

A bill may show up at your home eventually. Medical offices tend to run way behind on things like this. They might also leave it as a balance due and collect it the next time you call to make an appointment (or show up for one).

If you want to get it out of the way, just call and ask.