when you're blackout drunk are you responsible for your actions?

and when i say are you responsible for your actions i don't mean like you take ownership of what happened i mean do they KNOW what they did while they were drunk. my ex slept with another girl while crossfaded (blackout drunk and very high) and it broke my heart but i don't know what to do because he says he can barely remember it and i know him and he doesn't even like to have sex at all. i'm not even sure what to do at this point i did loose my v to him so i feel betrayed he's begging for my forgiveness he says he didn't even know what happened to end up like that with her he did take responsibility for drinking and smoking but he says he didn't know that was gonna happen.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • -
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's a cope out. Of course he knew what he was doing. Being drunk and high does make you less inhibited BUT...he knew what he was doing. Your choice to stay with him or find a real man.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

When a person gets blacked out drunk, it's their own fault -- unless someone taped them down and force fed them alcohol. So whatever happened, happened, and it was his fault in the first place.

And don't try to blow smoke up my butt saying a guy doesn't like sex. That doesn't happen

• C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't make excuses for this boy and definitely don't make the mistake of thinking that just because he's the first one you've ever slept with you somehow have to try especially hard to stay with him EVEN WHEN HE'S BEEN A JERK, it just means that you haven't yet experienced a relationship good enough to know how badly you've been treated.

In my country a contract signed by someone under the influence is invalid but if they get behind the wheel and accidentally kill someone they are 100% responsible, get my drift?  When it comes to people who get blackout drunk I take the view that their active actions come from somewhere inside them, all the alcohol did was lower their inhibitions which may be an explanation but it's in no way an excuse.  Your ex-boyfriend may have been too impaired to follow the finer points of contract law but he sure as hell not too impaired to get his dock out and care about where it went.  Go ahead and feel angry with him and don't take him back or he'll keep "accidentally" put his dick all kinds of places even though "he doesn't like to have sex at all" (which is patently untrue).

• 2 months ago

Blackout drunk isn't the same thing as shitfaced and choosing to make decisions you'd likely not make if you were sober. That is EVERYONE. There are some people who experience periods of blackout when they are drunk but might appear fairly functional to other people... while they themselves don't remember a thing. Those people are FEW and FAR between. They might functionally get on a train and travel 100 miles and functionally get a hotel room and spend the night in another town before they suddenly come to themselves the next day and wonder what happened. It is not a partying term. It is a medical one. And it is very scary.

So drunk you pass out? That's not "blackout drunk". That's so drunk you pass out. They aren't the same thing. Lots of people don't remember what they did while they were too drunk to function. And, YES (!), they are responsible for their behaviors. IT's crazy to say that they aren't responsible for themselves because they were too stupid to take responsibility. On purpose. Cause they were drunk.

Shitfaced and passing out is not the same thing as experiencing "blackout drunk" episodes. They aren't the same thing. Your boyfriend can "barely remember it" but he likely does remember everything that led up to it, he remembers being at the party, he remembers getting stoned, he remembers getting drunk... he just decided to get so drunk he doesn't WANT what he did to matter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would say if he gets blackout drunk he could do it again and probably will, especially if you accept that as an excuse.

• 2 months ago

Short answer is YES. if a person chooses to drink so much that they black out then it was a choice.

• 2 months ago

If he was that wasted, how could he have performed ? " he can barely remember". That means he remembers something happened. Tell him to remember the day you left him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.