Will spraying the inside of a rice cooker pot with Pam cooking spray prevent the rice from sticking?

If not, what are some other ways I can prevent the rice from browning and sticking to the pot?

• 6 days ago

If your rice is sticking you aren’t using the rice cooker right.

I suggest doing a more complete rinse on the rice to remove the starch and checking the interior of your rice cooker for flaws.

You may also want to read the instructions again. The whole point of a rice cooker is it makes flawless rice with as little effort as possible.

• 6 days ago

Give it a quick stir towards the end of cooking.

1 week ago

Pearl L. has never cooked anything in her miserable life. I wish she would

go away. She is a scourge on mankind.

• 1 week ago

That crusty rice in the bottom of the rice cooker is admired by some Asian cultures. I've heard kids fight over it.  The easiest way to avoid the crust in a rice cooker is to use just a bit more water than recommended, and to pull the plug and fluff the rice the moment the cooker cuts off. I believe introducing oil into the pot would tend to fry the bottom layer. Another consideration is to always put the cooking liquid into the pot before adding the rice.

• Dimo
    1 week ago

I don't have a "rice cooker." 

Rice is dead easy in a old pot -- one part dry rice, two parts water, bring to a boil, cover to a ridiculous low low simmer for 15 minutes.   Rice doesn't stick unless I over cook by too hot or too long.

• 1 week ago

i would just try it and see and then you'll know