Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 week ago

Why does my GF get angry when I tell her that I can cook for myself?

Ok fine

She's constantly complaining that she cooks day after day for me and that I don't appreciate it. I tell her, that she's not really doing me any big favors because I can cook for myself. I tell her that if she doesn't like cooking for me than stop....I can cook for myself, it's not that big of a deal.

• Foofa
    7 days ago

I don’t know your girlfriend so I couldn’t say.

• 7 days ago

Simple, why don't the two of you both pitch in and make something wonderful together? Dinner time should be important, appreciated and delicious!   

• Bill
      5 days agoReport

That wouldn't address her issue. She said nothing about wanting or needing help, but about not being appreciated for doing it. 

7 days ago

You gave a poor answer.  She was trying to do something for you.  That was nice of her.  You may be able to cook for yourself, but it sounds like you have some other issue going on. The two of you need to work out your issues.

• 1 week ago

sounds like a control freak

• 1 week ago

Every wants to feel needed in a relationship. 

1 week ago

She may feel that part of her value to you is her cooking, so if you choose to cook for yourself, then she understands that she has lost part of her value to you.

• 1 week ago

Ahh those women. The ones who complain about washing dishes everyday and then you tell them nobody is forcing them to clean dishes but they still do it anyway after telling them that and telling them to take a break. Or just use the dishwasher instead

• 1 week ago

cause she wants to cook for you

• 1 week ago

Maybe your cooking isn't good and she doesn't want to have to eat it.

• Bill
    1 week ago

Because she wants to cook for you, but she also wants to feel like you appreciate it. You saying "I can cook for myself" just disregards her complaint and pays no mind to what she wants. Try actually listening to her instead of just disregarding what she says and how she feels. Also, in the future when you're eating say how wonderful it tastes. Really man, this stuff isn't hard to manage. 

What is up with men and their stupidity when it comes to women anyway? It's pretty self evident she's emotionally hurt and it's pretty obvious that just saying "I can cook for myself' is not addressing what she is saying or what she feels. If you have no idea how to listen to people or any idea how to figure out when they're emotionally hurt you really shouldn't be attempting to date a woman. 

• KatieC
      1 week agoReport

This may be the best answer I’ve ever seen on YA.