Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 2 months ago

Nurse practitioner ?

I’m soon going to school for my masters in nursing. Overall, I want to become a nurse practitioner. To become a nurse practitioner is that additional schooling on top of that masters program? 

Update:

Are you a lizard?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • O Man
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I for one would LOVE to know what this question ha to to with PET REPTILES (the section it has beeen posted in)?????????\

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes.......................

• 2 months ago

The NP program is a dedicated masters or DNP, if your masters isnt a dedicated NP track, then yes, you would need the program in addition

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are "soon" going to school for your masters?  When is "soon?"

It all depends on WHERE.  I respectfully suggest that if you can't figure this out, stick to your present employment, whatever that is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nurse practitioners are licensed by the state.   Did it occur to you to take a quick visit to your state's health care licensing website and look at the licensing requirements?

It makes me shudder to think that someone who is pursuing a master's degree in nursing has come this far without having a clue what is needed to obtain their career objective, and their solution is to ask on Yahoo Answers - without even bothering to tell us what state they actually live in so someone can be their unpaid personal assistant.

Idiot.  No wonder people check into hospitals and end up with the wrong breast removed or worse. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.