Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 week ago

My mom wants me to connect with my sister, but I can’t. What do I do?

My mom wants me to be more involved in my sister’s life, but we have drastically different interests. I cannot get along with her in any way, she is younger than me, and she is the type of narcissistic brat. I still love her, nevertheless, but I cannot bring myself to have a conversation about her day, as my mom wants me to do. My mom wants me to fake a whole new personality, which quite frankly, I do not want to do. What should I do in this situation?

• Tj
    1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

Do not do it. You can pick friends not family. Family is forced on you, and that is wrong. I do not have any contact with mine in over 15 years, and my life is just fine without them.

• 1 week ago

Do what you feel is best for you. Just because your mother wants something, it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

If your mom is so concerned about your sister, then she can connect with your sister.

1 week ago

You really don't remember what you've said from day to day, do you?

You PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED your sister.  This time you forgot about the Crohn's disease.

And the part where you were banned from your parents' house.

And the part where narcissism is a MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS that you throw around so easily.

Boring.

1 week ago

just talk to your mom about it

• 1 week ago

Vagina fart doodie log missiles at her.