Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

I m not sure how having a scrapbook or the hobby of scrapbooking has become such a big ARTSY deal. Is it for artsy people living in the past?

This question was sparked by finding artsy people decoration scrapbooks with art. They have their own web pages they want you to visit. It's like they've made an artistic industry out of what used to be shoving newspaper articles in a scrapbook. Nothing needed but scissors. Now,  you need all kinds of art supplies and time investment. I don't get it. 

Used to, it was just a cheap paper photo album that you CALLED a scrapbook once you started shoving loose things into it. 

NO it became a commercial venture that has become successful/

They're cute ...like baby books for adults. I've thought of making something up for the kids to have. I am an old mother and will be dead before my kids get to the age that they're interested.

At 45, I am just starting to wonder what types of lives my grandparents had when they were young ...or even alive and not necessarily young.