promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Picasso painting?

My dad and I recently moved and the old owner left a painting of a person hugging a ball of some sort I’ve been looking for where it came it says Picasso in the corner but I don’t think it’s the actual Picasso but I can’t find any others

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, that is a Picasso print of "Blue Nude", 1902! 

(She is hugging her knee)

(original in a private collection, Paris)

Source(s): Google image search.
    • Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

At least it used to be there....!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • KJC
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Looks like it is a Picasso. He had several styles and was fully capable of art in a naturalistic or realistic, softer style instead of the more radical styles with which we associate him. It's not an original, I'd speculate!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm not into this sort of art even if Picasso was was a great artist

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TB12
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's called "Blue Nude" and yes, it's by Picasso.

• 6 months ago

It would have been an early Picasso if it is one. He moved away from realism early in his life.

In order to tell if it is authentic you need to first establish the history of the previous owner's stewardship of the painting. Where did they acquire it from? Then, follow that lead until you can create a path leading to the artist. Then, have an expert look at it. Then, have another expert look at it. Then, have another expert look at it. If any of them suddenly make you an offer, that isn't in the millions of dollars, you might actually have something there. Unscrupulous appraisers will sometimes try to steal authentic works from unsuspecting owners.

Chances are, though, that this isn't a genuine Picasso. Otherwise the previous owner would have likely discovered it to be.

• 6 months ago

Yes, it's the actual Picasso, all right. He was always making paintings of women hugging balls of some sort. In this case, it's a golfball she's balancing on her right knee. The painting's called "Woman Hugging Golf Ball That's On Her Right Knee", you lucky little so-and-so.

• 6 months ago

It is a Picasso and probably a lithograph. If it is numbered and signed it may be worth something.

If it is oil it may be worth a fortune.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It doesn't look real to me but im not 100% an expert! I also don't think he used to sign his name too left

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.