Picasso painting?

My dad and I recently moved and the old owner left a painting of a person hugging a ball of some sort I’ve been looking for where it came it says Picasso in the corner but I don’t think it’s the actual Picasso but I can’t find any others

Favorite Answer

Yes, that is a Picasso print of "Blue Nude", 1902! 

(She is hugging her knee)

(original in a private collection, Paris)

Source(s): Google image search.
    • Lv 6

At least it used to be there....!

• KJC

Looks like it is a Picasso. He had several styles and was fully capable of art in a naturalistic or realistic, softer style instead of the more radical styles with which we associate him. It's not an original, I'd speculate!

I'm not into this sort of art even if Picasso was was a great artist

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

• TB12

It's called "Blue Nude" and yes, it's by Picasso.

It would have been an early Picasso if it is one. He moved away from realism early in his life.

In order to tell if it is authentic you need to first establish the history of the previous owner's stewardship of the painting. Where did they acquire it from? Then, follow that lead until you can create a path leading to the artist. Then, have an expert look at it. Then, have another expert look at it. Then, have another expert look at it. If any of them suddenly make you an offer, that isn't in the millions of dollars, you might actually have something there. Unscrupulous appraisers will sometimes try to steal authentic works from unsuspecting owners.

Chances are, though, that this isn't a genuine Picasso. Otherwise the previous owner would have likely discovered it to be.

Yes, it's the actual Picasso, all right. He was always making paintings of women hugging balls of some sort. In this case, it's a golfball she's balancing on her right knee. The painting's called "Woman Hugging Golf Ball That's On Her Right Knee", you lucky little so-and-so.

It is a Picasso and probably a lithograph. If it is numbered and signed it may be worth something.

If it is oil it may be worth a fortune.

It doesn't look real to me but im not 100% an expert! I also don't think he used to sign his name too left