Is factory settings safe to use ?

I need to clear space on my phone I know I'll loose stuff its not the phone numbers that worry me I got them written down its the apps that bother me the Internet doesn't work well out here even though its satellite internet it don't hardly work day or night. I'm just worried about it messing up my Samsung. Is it really safe to use factory reset settings ?

Awful easy just to back up your files onto a computer then do the factory reset.

You loose all installed apps, but most can be reinstalled. even updated versions.

Its not "unsafe". Did you back up your data? That would be the only issue. 

When the phone and/or tablet act up, it is usually recommended to factory reset.

It won't mess up your phone. However, a factory reset will erase everything off of your phone and set it back to factory defaults, hence the name "factory reset". All apps that didn't come with the phone will need to be re-downloaded.

A factory reset would only be "unsafe" if you didn't make a backup of your important data.