Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

Have you ever met some who was "neurotic," about the guns they had/collected? I inherited some guns from an uncle like that?

He couldn't take care of himself, but owned a house, I wanted a cheap place to live. Worked out for us both until he died. I inherited a Colt s 1903 Auto Pistol in .32 ACP, a Colt s Police Positive Special in .32-20 WCF, A Remington 81 in .32 Remington, a Winchester 1894 in .32 Winchester Special, and a Savage bolt action rifle in .32-20. He had a .32 fixation.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Heck yes.

Usually it's a fixation on a specific make and model. Or finish - like shinny nickel finish guns.  Or caliber like 218 Bee or something weird.  The person will have zero knowledge of any other gun but will be able to tell you exactly what years certain models were made and the options on the ones they are obsessed with.  

I have a friend obsessed with Ruger 22-45 tactical like pistols with threaded barrel.  When they came out in all the colors he had to have one of each.

Opps.  I am guilty of that!  Got a 1 of 1200 'First Edition' Walther PPK/s from the new Walther factory that opened in Fort Smith, AR.  Talo Distributors ran out before mine arrived - the day I picked mine up at the dealer and paid $720 they were selling on gunbroker.com for $1200.  That was early October.  It's now early December and I have acquired the first stainless 380 production PPK/s, the black PPK/s in 22 and the Nickel PPK/s in 22.  None have been fired.  Its a complete collection of low serial number, first year, unfired,  American made Walthers.    

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't forget to turn in your guns today

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He was just worried someone would steal them before his daughter could inventory her inheritance. It is common for someone who is not in line for inheritance or mentioned in the will to get to the property first and start grabbing stuff that would otherwise go to the proper heir.

• 2 months ago

None of that actually happened, did it...….

Source(s): If you were actually wearing pants right now I feel certain they'd be on fire - Author Unknown
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No need to inherit weapons. Seizing of them started today. 

• ...Show all comments
    • BBean
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Gary, I have the prettiest AK-47 ever!  Would you like to see a picture of it? ...today?...tomorrow?...next day?...next day after? I live in one of the very few sanctuary counties in Texas...not for outlaws...for God fearing believers in the Constitution.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't understand what you mean.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.