Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 week ago

As a concerned mother, how can I get my son to use his right hand?

I want him to get to be normal and not an outcast, so I’m trying to get him to use his right hand, instead of left. I’ve been encouraging him to use his right hand and whenever I catch him using his left hand I hit the hand with a ruler. But he still continues to use it. He’s only 7 and I feel that it is best he gets into the habit early. What can I do?

2 days ago

Half of my family are lefties. What’s wrong with a lefty? I think that’s a really special thing to be a lefty. That means that he’s absolutely brilliant. Many famous artists, scientists,etc are lefty’s. My best friend is a lefty, my mom is a lefty, and three of my siblings are lefty’s. They are all brilliant and so talented. The left side is where a lot of intelligence so if he stretched the left then he’ll be absolutely talented and brilliant like the lefty’s I know. I actually wish I was a lefty because it’s possible I would have been better at science cause that seems to be stored on the left side of the brain. I’m not sure if it’s genetic to be a lefty or righty but he was born that way so you should be proud of who he is. I don’t get what’s wrong with being a lefty that’s actually a gift. 😘 look up all the famous lefty’s and you’ll see what I’m talking about...I find lefty’s to be amazing people. You’ll see that people who are artistic and a lefty are super smart and talented people. The most famous artists are lefty’s I think because their memory is so strong and they worked on their right side after..if you don’t let him practice his left then he loses his gift and that’s really sad because it really is a special gift. Be proud mama you got a special gifted child 

**edit: just saw you hit him? WHAT? Yeah you realize that’s abuse right? You’re going to get your son taken away and have Children protective services called on you if you keep doing that? Like why? That is so abusive!**

• 2 days ago

U can't your son was born left handed.

• 3 days ago

1 dam thing you can do and better do is quit hitting his hand with that ruler. If someone see his hand at school and they ask him, what's wrong with your hand and he says my mother hits me with a ruler, you'll be wishing you had let him be left handed.

• 3 days ago

You are an ABUSER. Kill yourself. It is normal to be left handed. Your son is going to grow up hating you

• 3 days ago

what can i do? i suggest you stop being a retard...................

• 5 days ago

Are you serious?, he will not be an outcast, let the poor child be himself, what an awful parent.

• sophia
    6 days ago

Are you serious? you hit him with a ruler? what is wrong with you? he cant help being a lefty. its not a choice!!!

• e9601:
    6 days ago

What is wrong with you?  Leave your son alone, there is nothing wrong with being a leftie.

• 7 days ago

What you can do is stick your finger in an electrical socket while repeating, "I will not have stupid thoughts like this again".

• 1 week ago

Very sensible to ask this anonymously! Since when were left handed people outcasts?