Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

Bird suddenly won’t shut up ?

I haven't been getting much sleep at all and it had me in a rotten mood lately and 95% of that is because of My bird because he won't shut up really early in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the night and honestly I don't know what to do anymore because he doesn't shut up and he wakes me up like five or six different times and it's obviously not allowing me to get proper rest I really don't know what to do anymore but it's becoming a really annoying and bad habit for him especially on my well-being because I'm in constant bad moods from lack of sleep. He will all of a sudden start freaking out and screaming, his cage is covered at night and uncovered when I wake up in the morning. But lately the cover has not been working because all he will do is scream and scream and scream until I take him out. I tried ignoring the screaming to not give into him every time he screams so that he doesn’t get used to me rescuing him every time he decides to scream but it is so loud, since he is a Sun Conure so of course it wakes me up in the middle of the night, and in the very very early morning, and it’s really too loud to ignore. I have no other space in my house to put his big cage in another room. He never used to do this and it was very very sudden, and is endearing as it sounds all he wants to do was be with me, but that is a very unhealthy habit for birds as you may know. 

He has lots of toys and is healthy as last vet visit stated. 

Birds are extremely socail so keeping them alone in a cage causes them mental cruelty.  They need to live with others of their own kind in aviaries. It doesn't matter  how big the cage is   or how many toys they have or how much time you spend with them they need to live with other birds.  You bird has developed this  behaviour issue because he simply is bored and frustrated.  He's lonely he was to be with other sun conure so he can have a more natural full filling life. 

Source(s): Rescue unwanted pet birds

Sorry for your situation.

Do you have a question?   You didn't actually ask one.

It sounds like you've spoiled him.  You've taught him that the way to get your attention is to be obnoxious. 

That's what birds do. you should let it go free in the wild.