My urologist is bullying me to get a prostate biopsy even though my PSA is not that high and I'm not that old.?

Who gave him the right to do this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

How much is your PSA level? I don't think they'd want you to have a biopsy if it weren't needed. 

• 1 month ago

You can refuse any test you want.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Suggesting you do it is NOT THE SAME A BULLYING.

He knows men have to be goaded into this AS THEY MAY THINK IT IS NOT IMPORTANT, but the Doctor knows otherwise.  Getting cancer while it is small is better than finding out later, when it is too late to do anything.

• Anonymous1 month agoReport

it's bullying or harrassment.  read my previous replies below.

• 2 months ago

He has an obligation to recommend any tests or procedures that he deems are necessary to maintain your health. You need to recognize that the PSA test is not absolute and can b in error. 

I had a low PSA number but my urologist felt my prostate and believed I might have cancer. He did a biopsy to be sure one way or the other. I didn't have cancer but I might have. 

What is the point of you going to a doctor and not following his recommendations. A biopsy is not that big of a deal and you can be sure if you are cancer free. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Anonymous1 month agoReport

yeah exposing me to a very invasive procedure that may result in infection.  I read about the procedure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No one gives him the right. You have every right to refuse. Just don't go back and complain later if it turn out to be cancer.

• Retief
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He is a doctor and as such is required to encourage tests when deemed necessary.

If you don't like it, don't go back.

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

oh poldi you don't even know how they do this procedure

• 2 months ago

20+ years of study and experience?

Lv 6
    2 months ago

STRONGLY advising is not the same as bullying.

You know better than he does? 

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

just because he's a doctor?  sigh...

• 2 months ago

define "bullying"... I suspect he is recommending the biopsy. You have the right to refuse any treatment, so what is your problem?

He has the right (and duty) to recommend. You have the right to refuse. Simple as that. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.