Ren asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Why is my lucky bamboo leaves turning yellow?

I’ve had this bamboo for about five months and it was doing pretty good, was getting some new leaves then about 2 weeks ago some of the leaves started turning yellow and just can’t figure out why. I have some golden pothos propagating next to it, they sit in water. Once my bamboo water is going low I’ll take the water from the golden that has been sitting out for a few days and top off the lucky and refill the goldens. It is in my bathroom and has the typical small bathroom window and I read that lucky bamboo don’t like much light and light from the light bulbs is enough. I haven’t given it any fertilizer either. What can I do? New to keeping plants and don’t want to kill my bamboo 

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

Is it in only water? It needs nutrients, not just water. You need to feed it.

Even if it is already in soil, 5 months without feed in such a small pot is quite a while. Probably still needs feeding.

Usually plants start turning yellow from lack of nitrogen, but i'm not a bamboo specialist.

I was Lucky and bought a Silk one.  Might be the water has too much chlorine in it.  So fine French Bottled Water from an artisian spring high in the Alps may be the cure.  Or a can of green paint...and do some touch up.  I figure some leaves will always die off as a natural cycle of growing.

It has cancer sorry you gotta euthanize it 

Are you using faucet water?

I use bottled, not too much.

An ice cube a week works too.

The luck has ran out

Ain't Damn Much Dude