Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 months ago

Can i take a vape on a plane ?

I’m wondering if i can take my stlth and some pods on vacation with me to the states, also will they seize it because i’m under age

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Vape devices MUST be in your carry on. Here are the TSA regulations:  "Battery-powered E-cigarettes, vaporizers, vape pens, atomizers, and electronic nicotine delivery systems may only be carried in the aircraft cabin (in carry-on baggage or on your person). Check with your airline for additional restrictions. Remove all electronic cigarette and vaping devices from carry-on bags if checked at the gate or planeside."

TSA is concerned with safety, not enforcing age restrictions. Customs only worries about people bringing things in to sell. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You have selected a best answer, but I will answer anyways.

Inbound to the states you will deal with U.S. Customs (unless you are transferring to a domestic flight, of which you will go through a TSA checkpoint.) U.S. Customs will not care about your vaping products. (Though it is another story of underaged people with alcohol.)

Outbound from the states you will deal with TSA exclusively. It is recommended that you keep your vaping device with you in carry-on.  (See link #1.) Any pods you have will need to conform to the 3-1-1 rule. (See link #2.) It is recommended that you keep the pods in checked baggage.)

1.) https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

2.) https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
    • Redstone
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Addendum: TSA is not in the business of age-related enforcement.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No!...smoking and vaping are both illegal on a plane...DON'T try it, you could be arrested

• 2 months ago

Not sure abt carry on but i suspect you can if you check a bag

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

the biggest problem would be what type of battery does it use ??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.