Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

What are your views on magic mushroom's?

I have these friends who are quite hippie vegan people. They all took shrooms for first time and they think they're cool for it. How it cured their PTSD and anxiety etc it's changed some of their personalities a little i noticed, they all seem different. They tell me im missing out because i refuse to try them. I just don't agree with altering your reality like that. What you think of them? 

Favorite Answer

It doesn't cure PTSD, it gives you a short lived hallucinagenic high. With hallucinogens, a person may feel delusions after the high goes away, but that too is short lived. Their mental illnesses will return if indeed they suffered from any.

The only thing you're missing out on is the feeling of being high on mushrooms.

Which is admittedly a pretty great feeling.

But make no mistake, it doesn't cure disease. If it did, every veteran on Earth would be growing them in their closet.

I'm say eat those fckers

"I just don't agree with altering your reality like that".

Get you!   Have you ever drunk alcohol? What's the difference?

• polly

The problem with your hippie friends is that they'll be more than willing to say "you're missing out" & "magic mushrooms cures PTSD & anxiety", but when you experience the negative side effects of taking it & endure the lasting problem of it stirring up the fright centres in your brain,(Some people even develop acute psychosis from using it & kill themselves or others.) Those same "friends" will say to you, "we didn't force you take those magic mushrooms & it was your decision to use them",or "It wasn't the magic mushrooms fault, it's yours because you've got a pre-existing mental health problem, or a genetic propensity for developing mental illness"........as they then smugly turn around & go home,leaving you to your newfound mental health nightmare.

While some mental health researchers have looked into possible uses of magic mushrooms in treating people with end stage cancer & anxiety disorders, ultimately magic mushrooms are still at present regarded by them as unsafe

I would stay away from any kind of

drugs that are not given to use by an

actual dr just my own $0.2 though !!

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

..........

........................Organic

I have tried them and they are a lot of fun. They don't put you in another world or anything but they do make you think outside the box. As for them being medicine I know there are some studies on it but I think most hippies are using the medicine argument as an excuse to get high just like they do with weed. I mean I agree that weed can have medicinal value too, but lets be honest that's not why most people do it. Most people do it because its fun and they like the buzz

That they shouldn't have that apostrophe. It just shows how dumb they are.

Omg lol these people need shot who turn to magic shrooms. They're obviously depressed as **** to even lower themselves to a drug like that. Do not let these idiots peer pressure you into taking them. Your entire existence will be determined on what kind of trip you have onwards, not to mention the brain damage that you endure doing it. Basically giving experiencing the same as schizophrenia people. That's what shrooms do. 

They cause you to grow in size, be able to break bricks, and let you take a hit from an enemy.