Miguel asked in TravelUnited StatesPhoenix · 2 months ago

Is Tucson, Arizona a nice area?

I'm considering moving 

there because it has 

some of the cheapest

apartments in the 

country. I saw many for 

$500, at least on craigslist. 

What does Tucson have to offer? 

Whaaat has best answer

No very ghetto I had to lock my car doors and roll my windows up when I drove past cause I was so scared. If I was moving to the west coast I would move to Colorado to smoke weed all day and jag off to porn. At least u are safe.

Yeah, you keep posting that Tucson has some of the cheapest apartments and you rent one for $400....

EXCEPT there are none for this cheap on Craigslist.... even the scammers don't go that low.

The cheapest is $262... which is PER WEEK!

• Daniel

There are some nice parts and there are some pretty crappy parts.  A friend of mine did two semesters there and in that short time had her truck broken into twice and then stolen (and recovered minus wheels and radio).  The break-ins were at her apartment complex, which seemed like a decent part of town.  The truck was stolen from a hospital parking lot.  

I don't like it but it's not the worst city ever.

The Sonoran desert is really beautiful, with dramatic rock formations and giant saguaro cactus.  And you don't have to shovel snow off your driveway in the winter. Oh, and great Mexican food!

And those are about the only good things about Tucson.  It has high crime, and homes are cheap there because nobody makes any money.  If you look up any list of 'worst cities to live in', Tucson ranks in the worst 20 or 30.

The worst thing (for me) is the climate.  The winter weather is just wonderful, but it's totally unlivable for 8 months of the year.  If you visit Tucson in January, you might thing 'Hmmm, not a bad place!'  If you visit in August you'll think "Wow!  How do people live here?"

A lot of meth heads. If you want to live in Arizona try Mesa or maybe Scottsdale. Phoenix is somewhat ghetto too but has nice parts. 

• Daniel

Breaking Bad was filled and set in Albuquerque, so what does that have to do with anything?

TOO HOT! its a desert

Sad news, it's rated as one of the worst places to live in South West US.  They have high crime, poor economic growth, a great number of homeless people, problems with drugs, and some of the lowest property values in the US.

i think there's a lot of poverty