c asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Can a pizza place punish you for not picking up an order? ?

So there's this one pizza place here by me and everytime I try and order food over the phone they tell me my phone number is on their "blocked delivery" list meaning they won't deliver food to me and i can't place orders over the phone without prepaying for it first. They say that I apparently didn't pick up an order that was placed under my phone number in the past and that's why it's on the list. I have no idea what they're taking about and don't recall ever not picking up an order. They can't even tell me when that apparently was our anything other than that's what it must have been and that's what it is. Are they able to do this? It's really just an inconvenience that everytime I call they mention it and I correct them and they don't care so Ill end up having to give them all my card info over the phone. 

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

it could be that someone else had your phone number before you and they did that to the pizza place. I keep getting phone calls from doctor office's and I just let them talk into my answering machine because I do not even know any doctor's office and they are using someone's else name also which is not even my name

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

yes with public execution 

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

They can't prove it, you can't prove it. Let it go. Just concentrate on building up your credit with them by always paying and not making a fuss, and maybe after a while somebody will ask, 'Why is this guy on our blocklist? He's a regular customer, let's cut him some slack and take him off the list'.

Obviously if they ever do that, you'll have to be REALLY careful never to mess up an order.

• patty
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Pizzas are bad for you u know

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

maybe someone used your card to place an order

• 2 months ago

They are just trying to protect themselves from getting punished since they lose hundreds or thousands of dollars per year to orders that are not picked up. Even competing pizza places do that just to create havoc. If it really upsets you, go into the place and ask to talk to the manager or owner, and do it at about 2 pm when they are not so busy. Some places in LA only accept phone orders with prepayment by credit card.

• 2 months ago

Yes, they are able to do this, yes, you did screw them at some point. And yes, they don't care.

There are other pizza places, give them your card info or pick someone else.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they want

• 2 months ago

ANY pizza place I've ever ordered from wanted my credit card number before they'd even take an order.  I always guessed it was just because so many people played that prank of ordering a pizza in someone else's name.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Well, they're obviously doing it, so OBVIOUSLY, the answer is yes. What are you gonna do, sue them, you little butthurt kid?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.