What happened to country music?

Why is it so trashy, it used to have meaning to it and now it’s completely void.  

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It followed everything else. Lack of talent.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It is rap  crap.  Have loved country music since I was a child in the mid to late forties .  Hank Williams and the Grand Ole Opry.  The sh%%t today is Sh% t.....It is  made to sell to tennagers,

that buy the sh % t......I don't turn the radio on hardly ever anymore..  Listen to my CD's of real country.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Nothing happened to Country or Rock for that matter. Mainstream died when the corporations took it over a couple of decades ago. Where have you been?

If you want to find good music today you actually have to look for it. My guess is that you're too ignorant to learn how.

• 2 months ago

I think country music is becoming to much like pop music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Checkout these artists below.

James Carothers, Kelsey Waldon, Luke Bell, Margo Price, Jamie Lin Wilson, Nikki Lane, Sarah Shook, Whitey Morgan, Hellbound Glory, Lindi Ortega, Rebecca Jed, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Cody Jinks, Little Lisa Dixie, Elizabeth Cook, Dillon, Carmichael, Pistol Annies, Brandy Clark, Hailey Whitters, Chelle Rose, George Goss, Dallas Moore, Dori Freeman, Kasey Chambers, Bob Wayne, Joey Allcorn, & so on!

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing happened to it It is not trashy, and it is a lot better than rap and heavy metal.

• 2 months ago

i dont think its all trashy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It seems to me, every time someone fails at rock music, they try to salvage their careers by going country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.