Is teaching music or drawing art profitable?

Why should we go to college, 

just to learn these skills when 

you can learn them on your own? 

Is drawing art or teaching music

without a degree, still profitable?

Favorite Answer

No, they are not profitable which is why capitalism must die. The fact that fast food moguls make a million times more money than our greatest classical musicians means there is a rot in our society that must be cured 

• John

Jobs tend to want you to have a degree.

The artists I know who make a living at it never went to school for that.

it's profitable with experience yes. i work as a cook and like you culinary school wasn't mandatory to get a job i actually found out from working at various restaurants many of my coworkers about 99% of them don't even have a culinary degree/certificate. 

hell the retirement home i work at now the executive chef is piss poor doesn't even come up with his own menu he prints all the recipes from well known celeb chefs like rachel ray. in the end though nobody will respect you with lack of experience like me i wouldnt even call this guy a chef even. if this guy actually tried to work at the culinary school i went to he'd get shut down REAL.. quick due to lack of real experience. 

it's all basically about how much experience you have and willingness to go the extra mile to teach students who want to learn. like me i love to learn when it comes to cooking but at my current job im not learning jack shet. get handed a recipe, make it the best you can and hope it tastes good is how they run things. places like this is where i least see myself staying long term it's what we call a stepping stone. 

so you want to be profitable doing those things you need to actively learn new things and implement it in your business and stay ontop of it. students have questions you need answers. they want to learn something your not teaching? learn with them. etc.. 

when i cook and i ask my sous chefs at my job about something they don't even know the proper term so at that point im like well.. fk it's time to teach myself how to do this. 

I think so anything can be

Well, if you are teaching at a school, not out of your home or online, there is still the matter of probably needing to have a teaching degree.

Though if everyone could just learn on their own, then there would be no work in teaching it. Not everyone is a natural talent and some people have potential but could use a teacher to help refine their skill and master it. Drawing in particular is useful for people in various intended fields, but may not be their central focus (such as a designer coming up with a rough sketch) and may benefit from a class to improve on it.

the only thing profitable is voting for Trump in 2020!!!! in just 3 years, he has made everyone in America rich!!!!!!!! America truly is great again!!!!!!

#KAG