Dwight asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

Which Bars/Lounges in lower Manhattan can I get 150 people in on a Friday night w/o renting the space (i.e., Only pay cover for each person)?

Hello!

I'm part of the planning group for my company's Christmas party in a couple weeks and last year we had some feedback that attendees would have liked to have had an after-party option since the party ends at about 11 PM on a friday night. Does anyone know of a good place in mid-lower manhattan I could bring about 150-200 people to that we could all get in? We don't have the budget to rent out an after-party venue, but would be fine paying the normal cover charged to the average person walking in off the street. The last thing I'd want is to have 150 people stand in a line for half hour just to be turned away at the door.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Friday at 11pm is peak time for most bars.  By that time, they are near capacity and couldn't make room for your party that late in the evening.  That's a pretty large group for any venue to hold space for you without a deposit paid in advance in case you DON'T show up after they turned away paying customers.

you could try having the party in someone's home