Why don’t all pedestrians use crosswalks?

I can see both sides. I’m a driver but also a pedestrian. As a pedestrian I don’t always use the crosswalk. But as a driver, I get extremely frustrated when pedestrians don’t. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Even worse is those  who walk across the middle of the street  and are on their cellphone and aren't paying attention

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Ask a thousand of them and 999 will answer, "Pedestrians always have the right of way'. That's a high percentage of stupid, isn't it. The ones that get themselves killed on train tracks have what excuse?

• 1 month ago

most people are stupld

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

HAY YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION< DID YOU NOT!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I don't object to jaywalking in residential areas, so long as you look both ways before crossing, he writes as a disclaimer. As to the gist of the question, I'd say it's because they're too lazy to take a few steps down to the nearest crosswalk and would rather chance getting injured or killed by an oncoming vehicle that's got the right of way.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

So you admit to not always using a crosswalk yourself, but get angry when other pedestrians don't use them either? Congratulations, you're a hypocrite.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause they think people will stop anyways, i use the crosswalk and wish drivers would stop so i could use them

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Better question is why do people who use or not use crosswalks fail to observe the cars that may or may not hit them  - You can be 100% in the right but being dead right is just stupid.

I constantly see people in crosswalks (before all lanes have come to a stop) walking head down paying no attention to the death machines that may or may not be texting something important - like what time is dinner, etc.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This makes no sense.

You don't always use the crosswalk, but are frustrated when others don't.

Why don't all pedestrians use crosswalks? 

Maybe you should ask yourself why you don't.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

As a pedestrian, I follow the law exactly. I want anyone who hits me to get all possible retribution.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.