Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 2 months ago

I don't know if I should / want to move to Los Angeles?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

The Good

The weather. Sometimes on the hot side, sometimes on the cold side, but for the most part still just about right year round.

The amusement parks. Six Flags, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Santa Monica Pier (if you can count that), Disneyland, you name it.

The culture. Lots of great opportunities to satisfy your artsy side like the numerous museums, concert venues, classical shows at Walt Disney Hall, gardens, the works.

The architecture. One of the more underrated aspects about the city is the diverse types of architecture in the city like Art Deco, Craftsman, Victorian, Googie, Streamline Moderne, Arts and Crafts, Spanish Revival, etc (I guess this technically counts as culture but I thought it deserved its own section).

The nature. You can go to the beaches of Venice and Santa Monica one minute, and go hiking up in the hills of Griffith Park or skiing down the San Gabriels the next.

The Bad

The traffic. Probably the most notorious and infuriating aspect about the city next to number 2.

The smog. While it used to be a whole lot worse decades ago (almost Beijing levels), the smog can still be pretty bad sometimes.

The poverty. Areas like Skid Row can get in the way of enjoying what Downtown has to offer when you’re taking a nice stroll through Little Tokyo one minute only to trip over a mentally ill homeless man sleeping in his tent the next.

The tourist traps. Some of the main tourist attractions in the city (most of Hollywood Boulevard for example) are just that, tourist traps, and not places that even locals would want to waste their precious time at.

The housing. If you want to live here, it will cost you a pretty penny. Not as expensive as San Francisco but you’ll definitely need a roommate if you want to still have money in your pocket (or just stay afloat at all).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

When in doubt. don't move out.

• 2 months ago

LA very expensive everyone can't afford.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you absolutely have to for your career endeavors it's probably not worth it. There's a reason the people who strike it rich here usually then leave to live somewhere else (even if they leave a house behind here).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

you have to have the dollars because it's expensive here. working people are homeless-sleeping in their cars.

• 2 months ago

And you think someone else would know?

• 2 months ago

LA is alright. I much prefer San Francisco.

• Norman
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, wait until after the earthquake when the property will be cheaper.

• John
      Lv 7
      6 days agoReport

Serious California earthquakes happen about every 20 yrs.

• 2 months ago

If you can afford to live there, you have my permission to move to Los Angeles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.