Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Should I get a PS4 oe Xbox One?

Quick background story: I was an avid gamer up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 era...then I graduated, had a kid later on, had to grow up, the whole bit.

She's 13 now and has been bothering me for a console of her own. I am not sure which one to get her, how much hard drive space she would need, which console would have more popular games, the difference between the different versions of consoles (I've been out of the scene for awhile!)

Could someone help with a recommendation...and **PLEASE** no comments to the tune of "Get the PS4! Only f*ggots and p*ssies play with Xbox's!" and "No, get the Xbox! Only losers and 30 year old virgins like PS4!"

Have some REAL reasons why I should choose one over the other. Thanks!

• Pyrus
    Favorite Answer

Well, on one hand PS4 IS more popular than XBox One, and you can most likely find a good one that has seen a little use for a discount from the original price, but on the other hand, PS4 games are significantly more expensive than those of XBox One. 

Now, an advantage with PS4 is that its games may be forward compatible. So, if PS5 is released next year (and it will), games from PS4 will be playable on the PS5. But on the other hand... well, it's the reason itself, that PS5 is being released next year. 

So, in my opinion, due to popularity, I'd go for PS4 (a used one, but still clean use) at a good price, and if you can get popular games at a discount, then all the better. If anything, get her the free online games such as Fortnite and Apex Legends, and maybe games with very large maps... otherwise you'd have to invest quite a bit of money for games, unless you can get pirated copies (in which case you won't be able to play online, but that's up to you).

I hope this helps :)

• Kyle

xbox one games will also work on next gen xbox (xbox Scarlett).  that has also been confirmed.

Get the PS4 instead of the Xbox One.