Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

What do you think about Trump’s proposed food stamp cuts?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-adminis...

“At USDA, our informal motto is ‘Do Right and Feed Everyone. With these proposed improvements, we will ‘do right’ by the taxpayers and restore the dignity of work to the able-bodied who receive SNAP benefits. And, we will ‘feed everyone’ by ensuring the health and stability of SNAP for those who truly need it.”

• Sherry
    Favorite Answer

As a former food stamp recipient, I can tell you sometimes people get a higher benefit amount than they need. I did, but it paled in comparison to the amounts I saw on the receipts of 'immigrants' I rang up. They need to rein that in. They need to stop giving ANY benefits to households headed by illegal aliens.

I think the fatfuck should put himself on a very strict diet and think about that one a while.

• Lolly

Merry F'king Christmas.

Not surprising at all.

Trump is there ONLY for the 1%ers.

He has proven that over and over and over again.

During the height of the recession (2013) unemployment was at 10% and 47 million people were getting food stamps. Unemployment is now 60% less (seasonal adjusted 4%) but there are still 40 million people on food stamps (only 14% drop).

Why shouldn't the number of people on food stamps return to pre-recession levels?

In 2007 about 27 million people were on food stamps now its 40 million!.

now these people have jobs shouldn't they buy their own food?

Why are liberals complaining about the requirements for food stamps being raised.

I don’t support Trump but am glad to see him cut wasteful government spending like that.

• random_man
      1 month agoReport

Yes, food for low income people. What a waste. I'd much rather see my government spending go towards soundproof booths for the EPA administrator and that sort of thing.