Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 week ago

Why are men often so protective and warm towards women?

is this a instinct thing or just a learnt behaviour? when men act this way it sometimes reminds me of that safe, secure feeling that i feel around my dad. and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

• 6 days ago
    Favorite Answer

1 guy can reproduce with 100 girls, but 100 guys can't reproduce with 1 girl. From an evolutionary standpoint, it makes sense for male mammals to be more protective of the females. Culture always plays a role, but I think it's an mostly an evolutionary trait that helped primates survive in the past.

• Alfred
    1 week ago

it's probably much more nurture  than nature.

yet it probably has evolutional roots , too, deep and far away in the history of humanity.

and, as the song goes:''...let it be...''

• Joe
    1 week ago

A little of both.  When you read up on the subject you'll be amazed how your brain is hardwired.

1 week ago

Only cucked men protect women. They've done nothing to deserve protection. 

• 1 week ago

Not all men are like that, I certainly ain't.

I don't view women as "angels" or "saints." To me, all of humanity can be is pile of filthy garbage.  Both men and women are capable of sin.

The only women who matter to me are the ones in my life like my mother and sister.

I don't give a spit for some woman I don't even know.

• Bill
    1 week ago

Both. Society teaches men to protect women and men are also naturally inclined towards the behavior. It should however be noted that some men are more protective of women than others. Most men are more protective of the women in their life than women they don't know, some men are only protective of the women in their life, while other men are protective of all women pretty much equally. Saying that, there are broken men that harm women and also men that are just not protective of women at all.

• 1 week agoReport

JEWS MUST BE ELIMINATED UNLESS THEY LEAVE PLANET EARTH. HUNT THEM DOWN LIKE ANIMAL
      (Seek "Danny Woo vk" in Google or Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

• John
    1 week ago

Its trained. Men in general are perverts and kill little baby bunnies and squirrels.

1 week ago

Only manginas protect women

• 1 week ago

There is an old adage: men marry their moms and women marry their dads...when they've had a good family life as kids.

My son, for example, clearly married his mom. My daughter in law has all the characteristics my late wife had. You are not alone when you get a warm fuzzy feeling around your dad.

• 1 week ago

It is instinctive.

1 week ago

it's both instinctive and learned