Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

is it true what i hear that Jehovah's Witnesses don't help NON JWs strangers?

if so that another reason i don't like them

Favorite Answer

Rather: they preferentially assist Witnesses.

It is NOT true that they never assist non-Witnesses.

See, for example, their work rebuilding homes after the Katrina hurricane disaster.

Me: Fundamentalist Christian

• Juli

For the most part, YES.

No, not true.

Every day we go to people at their homes looking to spread the good news about God's kingdom. Each Christian is very concerned about people. I have seen my sisters make rounds delivering groceries for the elderly or take them to the store. I have seen my young brothers help people chop wood.  I have seen my brothers help abused women.  I have seen my brothers give food to homeless on the street. Most importantly. We listen to people and hold conversations with people who have been abandoned by their families. I have many people in my ministry that I sit and just talk. We build relationships with those we visit.

I loved Hannah's answer and scripture she used."Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

We have the opportunity when we are in the ministry to do good to all people we come across. Our ministry is all the time. Going from door to door is just one way we have the opportunity to help people. We talk to people in line at the grocery store. We talk to people on the street. Most ignore us. They close the door and say not interested.

We just have to get that opportunity. 

No, it is not true that Jehovah’s Witnesses refrain from helping non-Jehovah’s Witness strangers. They do indeed help - locally, internationally, in the middle of a catastrophic event and during everyday needs.. I have seen them help non-Witnesses while out in the middle of their public door-to-door ministry. I myself have done it as well. I have seen them with my own eyes help non-Jehovah’s Witness strangers and associates in a tangible, practical and even economic way. And I have done the same.

Do Witnesses generally put fellow Witnesses first in the exercising of help? Well, please consider Galatians 6:10 in the RSV: “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Did you notice Paul’s words to the congregation in Galatia? He said work good to all men, but especially to those who are in the household of faith. What’s that word for especially? It is Greek: malista. It means especially, chiefly, most of all, above all. Now who are the “they”? Why they are those who make up your fellow believers. There is nothing wrong with helping fellow believers first and foremost. As we can see, it is Biblical, scriptural. If Jehovah God inspired the apostle Paul to record that, who are we to object?

But the fact that Witnesses help those who are not fellow believers is a well-attested fact locally and internationally.

Hannah J Paul