Do you agree with Elvis Presley being called the king of rock and roll?

As talented as I think he was, I personally wouldn’t give him that title over someone like Paul McCartney. What’s your opinion?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Definitely. I do! 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Mikey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not even a little.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Elvis was good, but was just a good copy of the true King Of Rock And Roll ,Cliff Richard

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Rock and Roll came to preeminence at the same time Elvis took over the charts. He made Rock and Roll THE most popular genre of music in the world. So, YES, he deserves the title.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's not really up to you or me to decide. Elvis has  been known as “the King of rock 'n' roll” or just “the King” since the 1950s and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - that's what HE is known as.

Are you serious about Paul McCartney? You really think that he should be called, “the King of rock 'n’ roll? Really?

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Much more deserving of it than the fat dead guy.  But then, so were Chuck Berry, Little Richard, & a whole bunch of others.  

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's just not something that keeps me awake nights.  King of Anything unless there's an actual crown involved is just an honorarium.  You should learn this.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would give chuck berry that title, not paul, their music was not rock and roll, it was pop.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yeah, sure.  "Pop music."  Try taking as listen through their catalogue instead of spending your time writing inanities.    

• 2 months ago

The Answer Is Yes! Elvis Presley Is The True King Of Rock And Roll

• He's very overrated. He stole black music. I think Little Richard is the real King of Rock and Roll.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, and the Beatles including Paul McCartney were influenced by the talents of Elvis Presley.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.