Is it possible that I have bronchitis or pneumonia?

About a month ago, I came down with a pretty bad stomach flu. It lasted about 4 days in total and then it went away. 

About two weeks after that, I had this overwhelming fatigue while I was at work but couldn't pinpoint why. Sure enough, the next day I woke up with a bad sore throat. Throughout the day at work, my symptoms were getting much worse and I was getting body aches so bad I could barely move and chills. When I got off work, I went home and rested but felt so bad. I had a fever too for days as well.

For two weeks, I have had a cough that will not let up. It is mostly dry and occasionally it sounds congested but my nose gets runny and stuffy. It was so bad at work that I was going through many cough drops a day and I couldn't not have one in my mouth without coughing.

Now we are going into week three now and I still feel like when I breathe in, I have to cough a lot. I feel a shortness of breath too and almost like a tightness in my chest. I am still sneezing occasionally and it doesn't seem like I am getting any better. I am a healthy 27-year old female. I am not sure if I have bronchitis or pneumonia? Does it sound like I might have either?

I did cough up yellowish mucus once that I felt kind of in the back of my nose. Otherwise, I am not coughing up anything

Favorite Answer

It sounds more likely that you have got a full-blown case of the flu.most of the symptoms that you mention are definitely symptoms of it. Those symptoms can be the following: fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, headaches, fatigue, chest pressure, head congestion, headache, nausea, shortness of breath, sore throat, or swollen lymph nodes

Are you feeling any better now?

• Aa

see a doctor. You could have asthma caused by bronchitis

You need to go see a pediatrician.

Pediatrician will give you the best answer.

• Tavy

You have the same virus that I and my husband have  in the U.K. it lasts for weeks. Tight chest, runny nose feeling tired. Everyone we know has it. We are all sick of coughing and wheezing.

It will pass, drink plenty.