promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

Is University out of touch with reality?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I graduated Michigan State 3 and a half years ago and learned absolutely nothing. I majored in finance but now work as design engineer for a motorcycle company. So my degree was about as useful as a blank sheet of paper.

Don’t get me wrong college was fun and I met many close friends but it wasn’t worth $45,000.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes, they have been failing since the late 1950s

It has reached a point where the colleges have been losing money, (yes, they are for profit).

Graduates, have stopped going out to work in the REAL World.

Many after graduation return to the fold of the university world, Never practicing what they learned in the real commerce. They just teach what they learned. So the skills are not adapting, they only perpetuate the (theory) they learned.

When modern graduates Do go to find their working careers, they learn that the education was worthless. Things have changed over time in outside. While the education from tenured professors is stagnant.

The only apparent exception is the Medical Industry.

But medical education is on going, after school basics.

It is to be noted, that University was a dumping ground for the wealthy, and those searching for answers.

After WW2, too many people could flood the gates of colleges. Now the idea that everyone demands a Higher Education is ruining the schools. Schooling has no real value.  The more people who are going to attend the lesser the value and need.

For most practical education a Fifth Grade (US) education will suit the majority of jobs.

You don't need calculus to man a shop's counter

• 4 months ago

Universities are only playgrounds. They are full of people who do not dare to exist.

• Oiy
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

It's called creativity. If you don't have it, or will not be able to create one, you might not be around such an institution.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

No. Right wingers often say ѕhit like that since their ideology is more important than facts, and they have to come up with some bullѕhit theory to explain why their ideology doesn't align with reality

• 4 months ago

There is no such thing as "University". There are 5,300 independent universities in the US. If you think Berkeley is "out of touch" for being too left-wing then you can go to Bob Jones which is right-wing. They are by no means a monolith. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.