Erica asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Healthy number of times for sex each week?

My boyfriend and I have what I would call a very healthy sex life. We started out just having oral sex but have moved on to vaginal as well as of the past few weeks. We are crazy about each other's bodies and end sex completely exhausted in the best way each time. Right now with work schedules we only get to have sex two or three times a week but we want to get it up to every day eventually. What is healthiest?

2 times a day everyday would be pretty good, 4-5 should be good on weekends.

There is no healthy number really if your both happy and satisfied then that’s the balance for you everyone is different

As much as you two agree to.

Having sex before marriage is not healthy at all.  

Honestly there isn't a 'healthy norm' or atleast there shouldn't be because everyone's relationships are different. Do it as much as you feel and make time for eachother as much as possible without compromising other areas of life! Wishing you a happy and healthy relationship! 

• Nickname

Abuse like sex is not a part of healthy or happy relationship

I can guarantee your man wants it daily, and is most likely rubbing one out on the days you don't have sex (and maybe on the days when you do too).

My wife and I have crazy schedules, and are too exhausted and/or stressed out sometimes - and its better to wait until we can relax and enjoy it.

The most important thing is to communicate.

a combination of oral, vaginal and anal is a good sexual reguime......often a day or two off makes it more pleasurable

There is no magic number of times you can have sex in a week for health.  Having it numerous times even daily is okay.  It's great for building stamina and burning calories.

• alan P

The ideal number of times to have sex per week is the number that works best for you.  If you want to have sex every day and can fit it into your schedules then that's absolutely fine.  I's not unhealthy to have sex every day or once a week or whenever.

• Nickname

Yes it is very unhealthy to endure sex that many times

Most couples get together for sex when they have mutual time to do it. Not sure why you think it has to be a competition.