disneyworld: epcot or animal kingdom ?

i’m going for a trip next year and we get 2 1 day 1 park tickets. i’ve already chosen MK as first day and i won’t be going to HS bc we’ll be going to universal the same week. Can someone find me a good link for AK vs Epcot or if you’ve been there yourself pls tell me the pros and cons of each :-) i’m not much a ride person i’m more of shoes/ attractions/ food & pretty to see things

• Jerry

I like AK but I'm the kind of person who loves animal parks, pays extra for the premium "back scenes with the animals" experiences kind of person. If you don't like animals, maybe it's not for you. Some of the food is very interesting and tasty. Like anything Disney, the relentless theme starts to wear on you after a while, Africa, Africa, Africa, and more Africa. But no worse than the relentless Old West of Wilderness Lodge. 

Epcot is the place to eat like a pig and get extra to take home. 

I strongly suggest the urge to visit a park every day. The day you check in to Disney and the day you check out, skip the parks. Take some time to practice using the transportation system before MK day arrives. Get your room and your snacks and stuff into order. Budget some time for rest. And you're going to enjoy your park days a lot more (and get more out of your god awful costly tickets) for being well rested and well prepared.

I would say Epcot, as it is more well known than Animal Kingdom.

When I went to Disney World, I could only go to two of them. So, I went to Magic Kingdom, the most well known one, and then to Epcot, the second most well known one.   

• Mrsjvb

Neither can be fully appreciated in one day.  So it’s a matter of deciding which attractions you cannot miss.  

• MS

The best links are on the Disney World website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/epc...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/ani...

Both are great parks, so I would definitely take the time to research them and see what appeals most to you.  Everyone is different and has different preferences.  

EPCOT is a more educational park.  It's based in science and technology.  There aren't a ton of rides there - more educational exhibits, but they are fun and interesting.  EPCOT also has the World Showcase, which is a section of the park divided into different "countries" that you can visit and explore.  Each has restaurants and other attractions that are specific to that country.  

Animal Kingdom has a mix of animal exhibits and rides.  The safari ride is very cool, and you see a lot of animals, many of them very close.  The Lion King show there is great, and the Pandora/Avatar ride is amazing. There are also some other shows, rides, and animal exhibits there as well.  

Like I said, everyone is different.  I know some people who hate AK, and others who love it.  Same with EPCOT.

1 day isn't enough to see everything at Epcot. So the question isn't whether Epcot of Animal Kingdom is better. The question is whether the small subset that you would do it one day is better.

One thing to consider is the waits. Some things have had lines that were four hours long. So even if it's really good, you probably don't want to do it if you have only day, because you'll spend half the day on line for that one thing. (Typically, but not always, the longest lines are for new rides that have opened recently. For example, I would avoid the Norway area in Epcot right now because Disney has a new Frozen movie, which means the Frozen ride may be more popular than usual.)

• drip

Look on the Disney web site, see what each has to offer. Try web sites like   https://allears.net

Make the decision yourself. 

We love Animal Kingdom.  When I first took my daughter and niece we planned half a day there and ended up spending most of the day at the park.

Others don’t like it at all and skip it

Animal Kingdom is a theme park with lots of rides. Epcot is more exhibits, shopping, and restaurants.  

• Silver

Animal Kingdom has the best ride in the whole park, Expedition Everest, the biggest ride at Disney. It's awesome. They also have the whole brand new Avatar land I've never been to there. Then, since you said you aren't into rides, there's a billion different animals to see.

Personally though, I think you would like Epcot better if you like to just look at stuff like me. The two worlds are Futureworld and the World Showcase. They have all sorts of cuisines and then all the rides are literally just sitting and riding and looking at stuff, the classics, Soarin', Mission: Space, etc.

Unless you want to devote a day to animals, pick Epcot.

I prefer EPCOT of the two.

• no

animal kingdom is pretty good, epcot didn't really have anything cool IMO, i don't remember it much, i only remember the big golf ball and that's it, but that's just me. it'll be different for everyone, but you should go to the website and kind of find what you like between the two and come to a conclusion. the only reason i liked animal kingdom is because i like animals and it was interesting to me seeing different animals up close.