Kush asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Is Papa John’s former CEO John Schnatter right that he ate 40 pizzas in 30 days & he isn’t happy with the quality?

Schnatter, 58, gave the wide-ranging interview with Kentucky TV station WDRB where he criticized the pizza chain for everything from the quality of the pizza to its upper management.

“I’ve had over 40 pizzas in the last 30 days, and it’s not the same pizza,” Schnatter said of the company.

“It’s not the same product. It just doesn’t taste as good. The way they’re making the pizza is just not fundamental to what makes a Papa John’s pizza.”

“This is all a farce”

Schnatter said in the interview that he was set up, calling the controversy that led to his resignation a “farce.”

“I never dreamed that people that I cared about, that I loved, that I made multimillionaires, would do what they did,” Schnatter said.

The backlash that led to Schnatter leaving the company began when he blamed declining sales on the NFL’s handling of player protests during an analyst call in late 2017. Papa John’s was the official pizza sponsor of the NFL at the time

A white supremacist website named Papa John’s the official pizza of the alt-right a day later.

Months after that, Schnatter was heard using a racial slur in audio from an internal diversity training meeting. It was taped in secret and leaked to Forbes.

Schnatter stepped down as CEO shortly after that audio leaked.

While Schnatter declined to reveal any more details, he had an ominous warning: “Stay tuned. The day of reckoning will come. The record will be straight.”

I have never heard this before

• y

Never had one of their pies, but I'm guessing by the third or fourth time eating pizza. In that short of a time range, they would already start to go south.

He is right.  Their pizzas used to be great, now they are horrible.

I wonder how many Tums he went through.

• Erik

The pizza might not be as good as it used to be, however, he is obviously bitter about all that has happened.

I haven't had Papa John's.  We have Papa Murphy's and I haven't been back to them in about 15 years after two pizzas in a row were basically crap and went in the garbage.  Yes, they are cheap and that's all they are.  I will pay the extra money for a good pizza.

• Kush2 months agoReport

You know you suppose too cook papa Murphy’s  pizza, it’s just uncooked  dough and ingredients 

• Bob

I don't think he ate 40 pizzas in 30 days, he is just unhappy because he was forced to resign as chairman of the board, and is venting.

I think he's just protecting his own insecurities onto them. They just came out with this parmesan crust. It's really good, but not worth the price. They nixed salads though, which pissed me off. Those salads were amazing. I guess it's not the right audience though. His record will never be straight. He screwed up his life, now he's taking it out on everyone else. There's a big lesson here. Hold yourself accountable, bridle your mouth, don't bear false witness. Being a backbiter will come back to bite you.

• Jim2

It's hard to say. He is, of course, angry that he got fired from his own company. So he might just be saying that, or he might actually think they aren't as good. 

His azz would be as fat as Trump's if he did that.