Does butter freeze well?

• 5 days ago

To freeze butter, wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place inside a heavy-duty freezer bag. Frozen salted butter will keep at best quality for up to 12 months, unsalted butter will stay at best quality for about 6 months.

• 7 days ago

yes, it's freeze well.

• nappa
    1 week ago

yes I buy when on sale and freeze it for a long time

1 week ago

I didn't even know you can freeze butter lol

• denise
    1 week ago

Not sure? I've frozen cheese though.

• 1 week ago

Yes it does, we used to freeze two 500grm packs in the freezer. Leave  it in the original wrapping and place in a freezer bag and you’ll always have some on hand when you need it.  

• 1 week ago

When butter is on sale I ALWAYS buy the limit, and sometimes make several trips to get more. It is always in my freezer. 

So simple answer is yes. 

And I will use a frozen stick when I make shortbread or pastry crust and it is great for scones

• 1 week ago

I bought way too much butter for my Christmas Cookies last year (giving them to friends and neighbors is my thing), and the last two sticks are still in the freezer. I'm going to have to reexamine my math on tripling recipes. I used half a stick today to make Bananas Foster for the grand kids, and It's still good. I froze it in it's original packages and wax paper, and it worked great.

• Alex
    1 week ago

Yes it does. I often buy it in bulk (I do a lot of cooking and baking) and keep it in the freezer. You just have to let it come to room temperature if you need to use it or want to spread it on toast.

But you can take it out of the freezer straight into the fridge and then pull out a stick to soften if you need it to, or take it straight from the fridge to the pan of you're using it for cooking (saute, roux, mac and cheese, etc)

1 week ago

Yes, I've frozen butter many times.