ann asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 2 months ago

A while ago I won a tiny bit over £50k in the lottery, but I claim benefits and I didn't declare it?

Instead I got my brother who doesn't claim any benefits to make out it was his lottery ticket. He opened a new account and gave me his card to use it as I pleased since the money is mine. 

Now I am playing the lottery again, this time euromillions, I don't know how it works with euro millions.........,.

If I win a certain considerable amount again and get my brother to declare it was his ticket again, will they check if the ticket was bought with a debit card in his name? Because I am buying small things with my own debit card, I just leave his debit card to do bigger purchases. I just don't want my benefits stopped.

the taxes were probably paid upfront (I'm pretty sure they are in the US. could be different in the UK) and since it's in his name it's legally his problem

• Mark

So you're defrauding the system?

I think you should be paying your brother hush money; as he's preventing

you

being locked up!! It's fraud, and you're milking the system.