Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

Cats shouldn't live inside the house! Change my mind!?

Why do people think it's okay to keep cats inside the house? Same thing with dogs and birds and other pets.

They are animals and they were made to be in nature, where they belong. Every animal has their own habitat and a human house isn't one.

Why do people keep imprisoning pets? Why do they keep them in their houses and and even dress them up? That's literally torture to these beautiful creatures. Cats and dogs should be free living outside in nature, not in humans houses! What's wrong with people? Why do they think that's okay?

Argue me but you can't change my mind.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why do you think I or anyone else should give the slightest sh!t about changing your mind?  Have whatever opinion you want on this matter.  It has no bearing on anyone else's life or opinion.  Just never have any pet because you are clearly too irresponsible to care for any of them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I rehomed 2 indoor cats brother and sister. They have never been outside apart from in a carrier for vet check and that stresses them out. In some cases cats have a happy and healthy life indoors showing no desire for outside life. 

Attachment image
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In this day and time, its unwise to allow domestic cats and dogs to live their entire lives outside to roam wherever they choose.  They face far too many dangers - being hit and killed by a car/truck, being attacked and killed by wild animals, being poisoned or trapped and killed, being caught and taken to a shelter or dumped far from home.  If you value your pet, you will protect them - by keeping them inside or building/buying an enclosure that attaches to your house where they can sit outside but not go off your property.

• patty
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

some people do keep their pets outdoors. Unfortunately it can cause arthritis. Do u also expect them to hunt for their own food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

People had a natural habitat of caves - you could live there, if you like.

Dogs and cats get sick, hit by cars, and get parasites. So beautiful!

• 2 months ago

"Every animal has their own habitat "

Since when do domesticated animals have a natural habitat. 

• 2 months ago

probably cause they dont want them to get hit by a car

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

People provide their pets the basic needs, such as water, food, etc... but they forget one of the most important need and right... FREEDOM! they must walk wherever and whenever they want, specially cats. The land of the free also includes animals, as well it includes Trump; another animal.

• DW
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Dogs and cats are domesticated animals, as are some of our livestock (cows, chickens, pigs). Those species don't exist in the wild, they only exist mixed in with human settlements.

Our very distant ancestors selected them that way, though they didn't know they were doing that. Or you could say the animals selected our very distant ancestors to support them.

(You could say the same about many of our cultivated plants. They've changed so much from their wild form that they couldn't exist without humans. For example - wheat plants that don't drop their seeds wouldn't be able replant themselves, but they do well when they've trained an animal species to collect the seeds and plant them.)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I agree completely!

That's why there are psychologists for animals, which is insane. Animals are pure and the fact that many of them are depressed and need doctors is just simply crazy! People are as crazy if they think that's okay.

All animals (dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, fish etc) should be free.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.