Do you think that people who are in wheelchairs can still get jobs that don't require standing or driving?

• PAMELA
    Favorite Answer

Yes of course they can, my friend is in a wheelchair and works at a computer in an office, her disability has no effect on her ability to do the job.

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I wrote a story about a blind girl who became a teacher. 

The Master of Perception: http://tiolibooks.com/cgi-bin/blog

• 2 days ago

I think it is not a problem. Some one in wheelchairs, he also can working in the office.

With the development of the times, wheelchairs have also made great progress. Especially the advent of electric wheelchairs has made it easier for people with disabilities to travel. I think it's not a problem. You can think about wheelchair races for the disabled, wheelchairs for the disabled, and all kinds of preferential policies for disabled jobs around the world, so you can definitely find a job suitable for you.

About wheelchairs, as a manufacturer of wheelchairs. I can provide you with more information, and now electric wheelchairs are smart and convenient enough. You can even bring electric wheelchair wheelchair planes.

• reme_1

OF COURSE- THERE ARE DESK OR COUNTER JOBS that people in wheel chairs can do without any problem.

• Cogito

Yes, of course.  I've worked with many people who used a wheelchair.  And many of them also drove a car as well.

• Lita

I know they can. I am a person who uses a wheelchair and I have worked many jobs despite not being able to stand or drive.

• Look up Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas 

• Judith

I worked for social security for 32 years and in that time my office hired two people who couldn't get around without their wheelchairs and I know of many other employees in other social security offices who were wheelchair bound as well.  My favorite grocery store often hires people in wheelchairs as greeters - in fact most of their greeters are in wheelchairs.

Why on earth wouldn't they be able to do jobs which don't require standing or driving?  For that matter, all of these people were able to drive and they did so.

As for being an uber driver - I guess they could be one if they wanted to badly enough.  No reason why customers couldn't take care of their own luggage, groceries or whatever.

Many people who use wheelchairs can both stand and drive. For all of my working life I used a wheelchair or a cane and it involved both driving and some standing. Standing was only for short periods and with support.

When I stopped being able to drive or stand at all, I changed jobs, but I was still able to work. Now I volunteer about 10 hours a week and do almost all the work from bed. The volunteer work I do could be paid work if the 2 orgs I work for had any money to pay me.

It is critical you know what disability accommodations would help most and know how to advocate for yourself.

1st of all, many people using wheelchairs can drive....they could possibly due uber, but would have an issue if the passenger wanted help loading luggage..and they may be an easier target for a robber.

many people in wheelchairs have jobs...i saw a cashier at kohls, teacher, lawyer, and many others...

i dont see why not, i think its easier for them to get jobs cause they hire disabled people more